The archive is run entirely by volunteers. We take pride in our ethos of volunteering, equal opportunities, democratic decision making and serving our community. Our core of experienced people form the management committee, but all volunteers are encouraged to take part in meetings and to make their voices heard. Some of us have particular roles to play but all are invited to undertake and enjoy a variety of tasks.
Lynda Harman - Chair
Vic Harman - Treasurer
Ruth Roberts - Trustee
Tony Dingle - Trustee
Lorna Potter - Oral History
Sue Keast - Volunteer
In addition to the committee there are many others who dedicate their time to the Archive. A variety of skills are needed. Here are some of the areas you could get involved in as a volunteer:
- Cataloguing, checking and inputting data.
- Scanning photos and documents.
- Recording interviews with local people and transcribing them.
- Helping maintain the website and Facebook page.
- Welcoming visitors and assisting with their enquiries.
- Helping with our exhibitions and stalls at local events.
- Helping to raise funds for the Archive.
- Carrying out research and producing publications for the Archive.