The archive is run entirely by volunteers. We take pride in our ethos of volunteering, equal opportunities, democratic decision making and serving our community. Our core of experienced people form the management committee, but all volunteers are encouraged to take part in meetings and to make their voice heard. Some of us have particular roles to play but all are invited to undertake and enjoy a variety of tasks.
Lynda has been involved in the Parish Archive for over fifteen years and has been a driving force in the running of the archive.
Helen is also the Membership Secretary of the Calstock Parish Local History Group.
Jennie is variously involved in cataloguing, inputting data and carrying out interviews.
Vic has also been involved for more than 15 years and takes pride in looking after the precious funds of the Trust.
Tony Dingle has a wealth of local knowledge.
Oral History Project
Lorna devotes a good deal of her time to interviewing people for the oral history project.
Jean is variously involved in cataloguing, inputting data and carrying out interviews.
In addition to the committee there are many others who dedicate their time to the Archive. A variety of skills are needed. Here are some of the areas you could get involved in as a volunteer:
- Cataloguing, checking and inputting data.
- Scanning photos and documents.
- Recording interviews with local people and transcribing them.
- Helping maintain the website and Facebook page.
- Welcoming visitors and assisting with their enquiries.
- Helping with our exhibitions and stalls at local events.
- Helping to raise funds for the Archive.
- Carrying out research and producing publications for the Archive.